Pages

Colin, Emilie & Molly

They make me laugh everyday...

Friday, October 28, 2011

Was in need of some great quotes

I needed a good quote session this evening. They always make me feel content.


"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning."
-J.B. Priestle
"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it our you can use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something you have left behind...let it be something good."
- Author Unknown
When you rise in the morning, form a resolution to make the day a happy one for a fellow creature."
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
- Carl Bard
"I have always felt that the moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the 24 hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there."
- Monica Baldwin
And this one.
 I will force myself to read this one every morning until I can recite it perfectly to my children in the AM.
I will probably change the word henceforth. (I spit a little, a lot when I say henceforth)
"I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and will be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way: yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart: yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge reward for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge."
Og Mandino

Bring it!






3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the morning inspiration! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite:
    To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to fin the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.-R.W.Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one about a brand new ending!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
cool styles