Pages

Colin, Emilie & Molly

They make me laugh everyday...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

really dark

It's that time a of year again, when the wind blows so hard at night the house moves.
 In my other life I lived and worked in southern California and fought fires fueled by Santa Ana winds. and those winds have nothing on some of the wind storms that hit our little home on the corner.
 Last night was the first night we lost power in a very long time.
We even woke up to darkness.


And it gave me a chance to pull out my pretty little french press.

Shortly after the water "finally" boiled and I got to pour myself a cup of coffee the lights magically came on. It always makes me appreciate how lucky we are to have power. And what a wonderful thing it is.

1 comment:

  1. Makes ya thankful for light!! But I do love the ambiance of candle light.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
cool styles