Pages

Colin, Emilie & Molly

They make me laugh everyday...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

first grade....


This awesome kid started first grade today.
And there where tears...from me.
Colin was totally cool about the whole thing.
He was a little nervous. 
The only way I could tell was that he was very quiet and picking at his thumb nail.

This year he {we} are lucky because this super cool dude is in his class with him.
{note the thumb picking. Totally my fault, I will admit it}

Off he went to his future of all day school, packed lunches and more time away from me then with me during the day.
{cue: sobbing}

Once at his desk he found a bag of treasures his super cool teacher had left for him.
Teachers are so awesome.



6 hours and 40 min. later his school day was over and with camera in hand I was the first mamma waiting outside the classroom door.
Phew...Only more then I can count days to go.

Next stop, our new tradition {thanks to Aunt Sally for the awesome idea}.
Chocolate cream pie. yum, yum, yummy!

We all made it through the day and are ready for tomorrow....
Maybe...
such a great kid




I linked this post up over at mama kats
and
JDaniel4's Mom's back to school link up
There should have been a cute picture here for their link ups but blogger wasn't cooperating 

4 comments:

  1. I love pie as a first day tradition. It sounds like he had a great day!

    I would love for you to link this post to my Back to School Traditions link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. I really do. It has never, ever been an easy thing for me either.

    He's very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all these different snapshots of him! You captured the day so well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
cool styles